cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera won't zoom in or out.

Stevedre
Apprentice

My elph 160 won't zoom in or out using the switch. It used to, and it hasn't been misused or dropped. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Stevedre,

Thanks for checking in with us.

As the camera powers on, try to gently tap on the lens. It might also help to nudge any buttons that seem stuck or out of place.

You could also try to leave the battery and memory card out of the camera for about 10 minutes, and then try again.

Should problems persist, I suggest that you explore your service options by calling us at (800)652-2666 on M-F from 9am-7pm EST.

4 hour reset didn't work; I'll call as you say, and thanks.

When I call the number for help, they can't find my account with my phone number.

Hi Stevedre. We're sorry to hear of the difficulties trying to reach support. Our friendly support team can help you troubleshoot. Give them a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET. You'll want to ensure your camera is registered to your My Canon Account before calling in. You can do that here: http://canon.us/account. If you registered at the website we gave, and are calling from the phone number you registered, please press "0" to be directed to someone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm very disappointed with both the quality of your camera, and your customer service. I will buy another camera, but it surely won't be a Canon. 

Announcements