cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Windows went through computer all o.k.Turn on camera to download and turns off. "Short " ?

taper21
Enthusiast

Windows checked computer. All o.k.

turn on camera to dowload and it turns off.

Possable "short" in camera?

Thanks, taper21

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, taper21!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon camera you're using and which version of Windows is on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I should have the data in but-

W7 and Canon power shot sx150is..                                                                                                                                               p.s. Why is it that every time I sign in it calls for new pasword ?

5 now in 5 signings

Thanks for any help you can advise on my trouble.

taper21

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try another USB cable.

to kybarkely.

I tried 2 other  cables and same results.

Thanks,

taper21

Call Canon in your country. There seems to be a language barrier.

Am afraid that English is all I know.

No solving my problem ?

A send to Canon repair might be only solution.

Thank,

taper21

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Taper21,

Thank you for posting.

The transfer of images is a power-intensive process, so I recommend trying a couple of things.

The issue you've described may be the result of battery corrosion or contaminant build up on the battery contacts.

Please use a pencil (or similar object) wrapped with a lint-free, microfiber cloth, to rub the contacts inside the battery compartment and on the battery door clean. Please use only light pressure to avoid flattening the contacts, since this may also cause the sort of issue you've experienced.

You'll also want to take a look at the batteries you're using.  We recommend the use of rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries in your camera. We recommend a power rating of at least 2500 milliamp-hour (MAH). More is better, still.  You may also use  lithium Ion batteries or a good set of alkaline batteries in your camera.  Please ensure that they're fresh.

If you're still unable to successfully connect your camera, if this is the only issue that you've encountered with your camera, I recommend using a card reader to transfer your images.

A card reader is an inexpensive device that allows you to download your images and video without connecting your camera to your computer. You remove the memory card from your camera and plug it into the card reader. The card reader plugs into a USB port, allowing your computer to access the pictures and videos on your memory card.

Card readers can be purchased at many photography and electronics stores. (You may already have one built into your computer or one of its peripherals.) This device will allow you to take the memory card out of the camera and plug into your card reader and the card reader plugs into the computer's USB port.

To transfer your images using ImageBrowser EX, once the program is open, click on "Import/ Camera Settings", then click on "Import Images from Memory Card".

You may also transfer your images from the card reader using the Windows Photo Gallery. If you haven't already done so, you may retrieve and install this program from Microsoft's download.live.com.

If you prefer, you may setup the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements