Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Turn off IP8750 colour management / Mac OS ?

I don't seem to be able to find a way to switch off colour management in the IP8750 print options (so I can apply a profile from within Adobe Lightroom).

I would be just about willing to overlook this if the printer-controlled profile was any good - but prints using this have a washed out look and a pink colour-cast, making it useless as a photo printer (which is the reason I bought it).

The printer is connected using Wi-FI to a Mac OS (Darwin) system.  I have tried the 'Bonjour' and 'Canon IJ Network' connection types.  Any options for turning off the colour management within the print set-up are completely eluding me (or they just don't exist).

I have been looking into this for some time, it seems several others have experienced the same issue.  The nearest I got to a solution was that someone stated that using Canon IJ (rather than Bonjour) would work, but it doesn't enable any other options for me.  (See https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4128897)

Has anyone managed to make this work - is there a specific order in which to set things up?  I'm willing to do whatever is needed - if it means editing config files manually, no problem - anything to turn what is currently a very expensive doorstop into a useful printer!

Thanks in advance.