cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY CP900 + Windows 8 support

darktiger
Apprentice

Windows 8 has been out for a few months now.  The Selphy CP900 just came out after Win8.  How come there is no Win8 driver support for Selphy CP900 yet?  Is there an estimated date this will be available?

27 REPLIES 27

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi darktiger,

Unfortunately, Canon Inc has decided that SELPHY CP series printers will not support Windows 8 (32/64bit).

Because of the development specification required by Microsoft, the CP driver could not support Windows 8.  As a result of hardware limitations, WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) approval conditions determined by Microsoft could not be met, so we were not able to obtain the Microsoft logo certification.  As a driver without logo certification does not have a digital signature, it could not support Windows 8 which requires a digital signature when installing the driver.

That being said, you can still use the printer standalone by plugging in a flash drive or memory card into the printer and using the operation panel to print out what you need to print out.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Karl for that information.

So theoretically if we ran Win8 in a mode where it does not require a digital signature, would it work?

You are certainly welcome to try, but I can't make any promises. Canon can only test the printer on signed drivers so we can't say one way or the other whether something unsigned will or will not work.  Plus anything driver related has a potential to harm your system, so personally I'd recommend just using the printer standalone or see if you can get Windows 7 for cheap and either dual boot or use Windows 7 on another computer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Not really???

Are you fooling me? No Windows 8 support for a brand new product?

What now? Very expensive paperweight?

Your proposal using a SD-card: that'sm why I bought a wireless printer...

Can't believe it!

Philipp

What? Is this true? What instead? Dual Boot for an end user??? You kidding me?
What do I tell my customer, who I recommended this one?
If this is true, I will stop recommending Canon-printer to my Customers... and tell the whole Facebook about it.
This is really really bad Mr Canon! I would never in my wildest imagination dream, that CANON would not support a NEW printer released AFTER the actual Windows version, in this case Windows 8. I will contact my distributer and try to return the CP900, and recommend my customer to buy an other, and more reliable brand.

I have had the same problem with my Canon Selphy 910CP. After over 12 hours of wasted time with there USELESS PRINTER TECHS who told me it was a problem with my computer and the driver should load - it won't on Windows 8.1(64) I AM PIS%^$.

Yup, Canon's support = **bleep**tards

register just to say Canon is a bunch of idiots and i too will be spreading the word about this stupid policy and support. I will also post in my 100k view/month blog. Last Canon product I ever buy.

Its in german but finaly we ve created a Driver Installer wich works, actually its in BETA but some users told us that they got their cp 900 to work! - simply press 2 Buttons and follow the original canon installer this should work

https://www.foxfactor2.de/canon-cp-900-enabler/

Foxfactor2 has only written a Starter for the original driver, we havnt modified enaything on canons setup its starts naturaly and is the same then you will download it on the canon page!!!!!

works with 8/ 8.1/ 7 

if it wont work just hold shift while you click restart on windows and chose deactivating driver signature checkup!

Fuexline

Announcements