cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5220 sudden power loss and won't power back on

kkonsterlie
Apprentice

During print job, the unit suddenly powered off and will not power back on.  Internal fuse?  I tried one trouble shooting process without luck.  Have unplugged it and re-plugged - no luck.  Have verfied that the outlet is working.  Clues, anyone?  

3 REPLIES 3

karinpearce
Apprentice

Purchased mine July 26 2011 - exact same thing. Working fine & then nothing. Outlets are working, no power to printer. No response.  Any suggestions would be helpful, really liked my printer.

I had purchased mine in the Fall of 2010, but after communicating with Canon's Customer Service folks it became clear that it wasn't servicable.  I also really really liked my printer, and it makes me sad that I have to replace it. 

mahnoo51
Apprentice

I think I must have tempted fate!  I bragged about how great my MG5220 printer is about a month ago. Right after that I had some problems with it and now it has completely turned off and won't power back on.  I've had this printer for a good number of years and never had any trouble with it.  I will be super disappointed if I can't get it back up and running.  I will try the unplug route, I have checked my outlet and wires already.  I was wondering if there may be a fuse hidden somewhere in the thing? 

Announcements