cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP110 ink smudge

Jriv
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought a new Pixma IP110 and I'm having a big problem when printing. I did all the types of cleaning several times, align the heads, everything. BUT no matter what, there's ink smudges when the paper comes out. Seems to happen mostly on the right half of the paper.

Anyone can help? Couldn't find anything online besides standard mesures. Did I get a lemon?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi Jriv,

I understand when printing from your iP110 the right half of the paper is smudged after troubleshooting. To continue troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend reseating the print head. Click HERE for information and images on Reseating the Print Head. After reseating the print head, perform two regular cleanings followed by printing your item again. Click HERE for information on the Cleaning process.

Thank you for replying. Even after following your instructions the problem remains. I'm attaching an example of what's happening. What you see at the top also happens at the bottom if printing a full page. Also, this is printed as a draft. If printed with regular setting it's much worse.

20190509_103549.jpg

While reseating the print head, I noticed something, but I'm not sure if this could be a problem. The part with the top arrow is not completely parallel with the rest.

20190509_103706.jpg

Another thing I might add, is that the automatic head alignment wasn't working. I kept getting an error. Had to do a manual alignment.The current problem was present before and after the alignment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Jriv,

To best assist you I would recommend troubleshooting with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Announcements