cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP8720 missing printer profiles for Fine Art paper and Pro Premium Matte

intolight
Apprentice

Hi, 

There are no options in print settings to select for the Canon Fine Art paper and Pro Premium Matte papers from the IP8720 i just purchased. I'm printing out of Photoshop, Windows 10 with a USB connection (Google mesh router won't except the Canon protocol). 

I saw this is a problem on another thread with the Canon Pro 100. I tried the suggestion there of uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver but it didn't help. Would appreciate any help in getting the profiles accessable.

thanks!
gregory

1 REPLY 1

intolight
Apprentice

from Canon Support, so i guess it's a no go... have to buy the PRO model to have the Canon profiles. Although there is a generic profile for art paper. 

06:25:47 PM [Michael] One moment while I look in to this.  I don't believe that those media types are directly supported by this printer.
06:26:08 PM [Gregory West] really?
06:29:46 PM [Michael] You would have to use the Other Fine Art Paper media type option in order to print on Fine Art media with this printer.  

06:33:43 PM [Michael] You're welcome.  These Fine Art media types are available for our PIXMA PRO-Series models.

Announcements