Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Canon Selphy CP1200 not working

I'm just now opening this after having it for a couple of years, I was busy taking care of my husband who had a brain tumor. My son wanted to use this and I can't get past the black and white Canon screen. Am I just stuck with a piece of junk that's useless?? Par for the course right now...
Occasional Contributor

probably.  I did find a used one online .  it didn't have the parts but I had all the parts.  So why not.  But I got Canon to trade it free.  I'm nearly 100 % positive in my case that 1. it's the HEAT that kills it.  ie don't run it once the photos come out rather warm or the printer gets warmer than you feel it should be.  Let it cool down  2. I'm totally 100 % positive the battery DOES NOT help air flow and will kill the printer cause I've had it over a year now and no problems.  (they gave me the 1300) the 1200 didn't last or lasted a few weeks passed the end of the warranty.  that was more what made me miffed.  If one was given a proper teardown of this to know what cap to replace which I think is it but not sure.. maybe some of us can figure out how to solder on a new one.  

Besides the printer hope life is better now.  !  Keep up good fights.

New Contributor

Mine was brand new, just out of the box. I'm sure nothing can be done because it just sat on my desk for 2 years unopened.
Occasional Contributor

wish you luck then. I'd contact canon anyway if it sat unopened for 2 years. I have my own things I can't actually open until I need them. Mainly because if I get dust on it then it was a waste (scanner glass) so I hope there isn't anything wrong with that...