cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 disk not recognized

fmarshall
Contributor

I bought a Pixma MX922 with the whole idea of printing CD/DVDs.  It is a bit slow and a bit awkward for this but it usually works just fine.  I'm not having problems with the computer interface, etc.

However, when I go to print a CD, after loading it properly and pressing OK,

The printer goes through its slow process of setting up and moving the CD tray and eventually says there's no tray or CD in the printer ... and to insert one.

So, I extract the tray and reinsert it and hit OK again.

The printer goes through its slow process of setting up and moving the CD tray and eventually says there's no tray or CD in the printer ... and to insert one.

Sorry for the repetition but I wanted you to feel my pain!  Smiley Wink

I have found that once the tray is properly inserted, if I "wiggle" the tray sideways from right to left to right that it seems to help the recognition.

So then I tried this:

(Once the tray is properly inserted), if I press the tray all the way to the right or all the way to the left that it seems to not be seen by the printer.  So this doesn't seem to help.

I have found that once the tray is properly inserted, if I "wiggle" the tray sideways from right to left to right and position the tray more or less in the middle of the sideways "play", that it seems to help the recognition.

This seems to be a problem with the printer.  

It would be nice to just fix it.  Any ideas how?  

Or should I ask for an RMA?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When loading the CD tray into the unit, check to make sure that the arrows are aligned properly before the print job starts.

If the issue persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried the email contact but it would not "Submit" on any browser. 

I believe that I *already* mentioned alignment.  So, saying to "make sure that the arrows are aligned properly before the print job starts is not helpful. 

One may not insert the tray until the printer instructs to do so.  Otherwise you just have to close the trays and start over.  So you must wait until after the print job has started to receive the message to insert the tray.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements