cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf733cdw can not be found on network

kacuf
Apprentice

I have a new mf733 printer.  I have configured, according to instructions for a wireless Lan setup.  I have entered the SSID and keyword.  The printer states it is on the network,  however, when I try to download and setup the drivers, the computer can not find the printer.  It asks for me to enter the IP address, but there is not setting on the printer to obtain the IP address, only the MAC address.  I have reinitialized the network settings multiple times.  Nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kacuf.

You can view the IP address of the printer through the Status Monitor on the printer. Please follow the steps below:

<Status Monitor>  <Network Information>  <IPv4>  <IP Address>  Check the settings

If you still experience an issue when using the IP address, please confirm if you are using a dual-band wireless router. If so, the printer is only supported on the 2.4 GHz network, so your computer must be connected to this network to communicate with the printer. 

If the printer is still not detected after verifying this information, then we recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kacuf.

You can view the IP address of the printer through the Status Monitor on the printer. Please follow the steps below:

<Status Monitor>  <Network Information>  <IPv4>  <IP Address>  Check the settings

If you still experience an issue when using the IP address, please confirm if you are using a dual-band wireless router. If so, the printer is only supported on the 2.4 GHz network, so your computer must be connected to this network to communicate with the printer. 

If the printer is still not detected after verifying this information, then we recommend that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Feel free to check the source >  Your router, as well. 

So two options where you can get the IP of your connected device.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have this same issue but with MF743CDW.  Same, but honestly, I think it's quite different because your solution is too simple.

I have setup my 743 with WIFI using DHCP and it works fine.  my mac sees the printer as a multifunction airpint secure device. Sooooo many issues with this printer and network functionality I have spent hours debugging and tracing this issue.  I hoped the latest firmware update would have fixed this...but to no avail.

HOWEVER, when setup this way, the printer randomly changes it's own IP address and then the scanner and print functionality no longer works over the network using either a MAC or PC.

When setting a MANUAL IP address and putting an exception in the router's dhcp server to skip the ip of the printer so as to not assign it to someone else, I get this fun result.  I can no longer add the printer as a MULTIFUNCTION printer/scanner using aiprint. The multifuncionality goes away! it's toast!

Most of the time I cannot run the scanner functionality FROM the printer panel.  I upgraded to this version because of airprint functionality and now it seems I'm worse off than the old 8350 printer. I press scan and it can NEVER find the pc's/macs on the  network that have the multifunction toolbox installed. I have 2 macs, 12 pc's in the house and NONE of them can be found.  I have to then go to a pc/mac and start the scan from there.... IF the toolbox can see it.

I generally have to uninstall the printer and re-install it.  Then go into the toolbox and choose network printer and remove the printer from there and re-add it as well.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!! THIS HAS TO BE FIXED.  It's a monumental waste of time.  I have a crappy little epson workforce pro 4740 right next to it.  On the same network and since I have installed the software I have NOT HAD TO TOUCH the driver in any way or remove it and re-add it.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

I have turned off sleep mode on the printer and that had no effect.  The software is crap and doesnt wake up the printer at the right time...whats funny is.  even when I turned off sleep mode.  As I look at the printer right now....it's asleep.!!

So now I have an 8350 cdn and a 743cdw just sitting here taking up space and I end up doing tech support everytime one of my kids or wife needs to print something.

FIX THIS!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!

I have the same issue, alhough I haven't done everything you have.  The printer gets constantly lost on the network.  Every time I want to print something, I have to restart the printer.  This printer is rich in features, but they've made it so complicated the average person can't use it reliably.

I have this same issue, constantly trying to find the printer on the network, went so far as to connect via usb port on mac-mini, no better.  

Announcements