cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf644cdw will not print beeps once, clears print job

RobertHorne
Apprentice

My printer has been printing fine for weeks. I was having trouble with some computers wanting to print to the manual feed tray, and was working on that issue when my laptop stopped printing. I have tried pdf, Word, Print Test Page - all same result. A single beep and the print job disappears without a trace. no error message.

Windows 10 64bit

WiFi printer

Updated firware today

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We understand you cannot print. 

That print jobs get sent, but never complete

Your printer is connected to a wireless network with other devices.

What is the IP of the printer?

What is the IP of an affected computer?

Can you PING the printer's IP, does it reply?

Can you open its webserver in a browser?

When you send a job, does it appear in the print queue? (even momentarily)

Do any error message display

Is the Print Spooler Service running?

Do you have any 3rd party anti-virus software than might be keeping it from communicating with other devices on the network?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RobertHorne,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below and from the previous post, we can provide some assistance.

1. Are you still able to print from your other computers?
  2. Is the beep coming from the computer or is it from the printer?
  3. Does the printer respond at all when you try to print? If so, what does it show on the display on the printer when that happens?

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements