cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf249dw printer prints for one laptop, not the other

zcr9
Apprentice

Hi! I purchased a new laptop running Windows. My Canon mf249dw prints with the old laptop running Windows. And the new laptop lists the printer as an option and puts documents in the queue. But the documents just wait in the queue forever without printing. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How is the printer connected?  Ethernet, USB, Wirelessly? 

In your  post you said, "The other computer "lists the printer as an option"...  does this mean you installed the printer on the laptop?

If connected via ethernet or wireless, whats the printer's IP?  Can you ping it?

If connected via USB, verify the port or interface selected for communication is correct.  Also confirm the PrintSpooler Service is running on the laptop that "doesn't print".

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey, thanks for the response. The printer is connected wirelessly. When I say the new laptop lists the printer as an option, I mean that when I select "print" from within an application, the resulting dialogue box allows me to select the Canon mf249dw as the printer. Yes, I can ping the printer.

Announcements