cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipf6400 vacation down time

rww0001
Apprentice

Is there an easy way, with a timer, perhaps, to turn the machine on and off during an extended period of non-use? I've tried an iDevice timer: it easily turns the machine off at a designated time but cannot turn the machine back on again, presumably because one must actually press the power button. I hate to leave the printer sitting for a month unattended. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious after my previous LF Epson printer had major clogs after sitting unused.

RWW

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer does not appear to have any options for powering up on its own.  If you will be away for an extended period of time, you may want to see if someone else can access the printer to perform a nozzle test print from time to time while you are away.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I found this suggestion on the following website. It sounded like a good idea except that when I leave the printer on, it eventually goes to sleep and requires a manual turn on. II've sent the a note to Marrutt USA to see if they have another solution. Thanks for your reply.

https://www.marruttusa.com/printer/support/canon-ipf-6400-help.php

TIP: If you go on vacation, why not leave your printer switched 'on' and connect your printer to the mains through an inexpensive timer switch, set to turn on for a few minutes every other day - when you return, your print head will be in perfect order, ready to print.

Announcements