cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF3240 lost software cd

seatime
Apprentice

Hi,

I bought a new computer to get out of the Windows 7 antique I was using.

I have lost the software to the printer above. I have gone to the Canon driver update site but the downloads do not work on my computer.

I hate to throw a perfectly great all in one printer away becasue of a cd...can anyone advise.

Thanks

Fred

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Fred,

There is no need to use the included installation CD when a manufacturer is providing regular software updates for a product.  This is true in the case of your printer.  Drivers for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 exist.

MF3240 Support and Drivers 

You didn't say what OS your new computer is running, but the page referenced above has drivers for a variety of windows operating systems.

"Drivers don't work on my operaing system". 

What OS are you running? 

What doesn't work?

What error message do you receive?

Please describe the problem?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports,

The website does not have printer download it only has the driver for the scanner...the scanner works fine. Pease advise further.

Fred

seatime
Apprentice
Greetings sir,

Thanks a lot for getting back. The scanner works but the new computer will not connect to print. I have downloaded everthing at the Canon website in availale drivers. My "downloads" have the folders...I can't install them.

I have a Windows 10...HP all in one computer.

I got no messages.

I have unplugged the printer and replugged it...the same.

Many thanks...please get back. I will try your link.

Fred

Hi seatime.

If the new computer is a laptop, ensure it's plugged in to external power.  The USB signal on battery power can be too low for the printer to detect.

Something else to be wary of with new computers is that you're connecting the printer to a USB 2.0 compatible port.  Some USB 3 ports have problems with backwards compatibility, and the MF3240 is designed for USB 1 and 2.  Refer to the computer model's diagram (from the manufacturer) for information on which ports should be USB 2 compliant.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius,

My computer has Windows 10 OS.

I downloaded the driver for the scanner and it works fine...they do not have a driver for the printer itself or fax.

Thanks and all... please advise further.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Fred

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements