cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF264DW does not wake up from sleep mode

mf264dw
Apprentice

I bought a brand new imageCLASS MF264DW, and connected directly to a wall outlet + wifi (ASUS AC-1900 router). When it is in the sleep mode and I send a print job, it does not wake up. I never had this problem with a Brother printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS are you using the printer with?

What is the IP of your printer?

Can you ping it from the device you are trying to print from? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your response. I print from Windows. I fixed IP address for the printer on router (Asus AC-1900) to avoid IP change. This is how I connect the Brother printer, and it worked without any issue.

I didn't try to ping it while it is sleeping. Will try it later.

Gretings,

You are on the right track then, I recommend using a static IP. 

Things you can try:

Open a web browser and type the IP

Try pinging it from a command prompt 

Example, I can reach any printer on my LAN even when it's asleep.  This is one example.

WS.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Since I assign a static IP to printer, i disable AUTO IP/DHCP on printer setting (networking -> IPv4 settings -> Auto Acquire: OFF). You may do it from web UI or on printer LCD.

it seems working fine now.

KAF
Apprentice

I have the same problem. None of the discussion I see so far resolves the problem

CNE
Apprentice

Few month dealing with my new MF264DW not waking up from sleep mode when sending something to print.  Didn't have the issue with my previous Brother printer.  Spent more time troubleshooting and found a setting that resolved it.

My printer is on wifi, I didn't do anything on the router; it uses DHCP.    

On the printer:

Menu-> Network Settings ->Wireless LAN setting->Power Save Mode -> Switched from ON to OFF

The printer now wakes up and prints then goes back to sleep after 5 mins (as set) 

KPtexas
Apprentice

This is a plague to Canon printers. And, unless there is a fix soon, I will never buy another Canon printer. 

This is a fixable problem for Canon. They could fix this easily, yet, it seems they choose not to. There's no way Canon has yet to figure out something that Brother has figured out.

My other printer, a Brother printer, has never had these issues. It always appears on the network and always wakes up to print. All iPhones and iPads can easily print to the Brother and rarely can print to the Canon.

Canon can and should do better.

Announcements