cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS d550 copies too light

juliap18
Apprentice

When I replace the cartridge, the printer both prints and copies to my satisfaction. However, after a short while the printing is still fine but the copies are extremely light. The only temporary fix I have found is to install a new cartridge, but it only lasts but so long. How do I permanently fix the copying function to have my copies be dark again?

For reference, I am using a Dell computer running Windows 10 and the imageCLASS d550 printer using the 128 cartridge. 

I have been on hold for at least 20 minutes and the automated message says it will take at least another hour.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hello juliap18.

If the images are coming out light, press the Menu button, then go to Adjustment/Maintenance > Special Processing, and turn Special Mode K on.  This will help the unit print properly in cold environments.  You may need to turn it off once the weather starts warming up again.  Special Mode K will cause the print speed to slow down noticibly.

If Special Mode K corrects the problem, then you may instead be able to improve the D550's results by keeping its room warmer during the winter.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I'm looking for help fixing a Canon ImageClass copier that I have. It's model D550. The green start button does not work any more. There are no error messages or anything. I've had the ImageClass for 5 years now and have never had any issues with it before this. Ths machine as only been used as a photocopier and has never been hooked up tor connected to a computer. I tried unpluging it, but to no avail. Nothing happens when I print the green start button. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks,

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi,

Check Toner Save mode. If ON, turn OFF.
<Menu>
<Preferences>
<Toner Saver Mode>
<Copy>
<Off>

Adjust the Density by clicking on the > arrow under Manual Density to make copy darker.
Place Document to scan.
Please Copy/Scan.
Click down arrow to Density.
Click on > arrow to make copy darker.
Click on Start Button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements