cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS and Postscript

golfmad
Apprentice

I'm trying to use the Canon Generic Postscript driver with an imageCLASS MF229 and MF244 without success. Does anyone know whether these printers support Postscript? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrice
Whiz

Hi golfmad.

PostScript drivers are supported with some of the larger monochrome and color, imageCLASS printers, such as the MF400 Series and the MF731Cdw. The MF229dw and MF244dw do not support these drivers.

If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response. We came to the same conclusion but it's useful to have had it verified by you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

indianfoodyummy
Apprentice

I am looking for more detail on printer-native hardware or apps they may have.

However, I have noticed that they have a linux driver available that prints in native UFR II format; and that driver appears to work as a plugin for CUPS printing daemon, and makes use of ghostscript raster engine.

So, until I find a better answer, I think the short answer is:

If you need/want Postscript printing to Canon UFR printer, run CUPS+Ghostscript+Canon LInux driver on the linux distribution of your choice somewhere on your network.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi golfmad.

PostScript drivers are supported with some of the larger monochrome and color, imageCLASS printers, such as the MF400 Series and the MF731Cdw. The MF229dw and MF244dw do not support these drivers.

If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response. We came to the same conclusion but it's useful to have had it verified by you.

Announcements