cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF733Cdw How to disable fax feature

RealtorK
Apprentice

Problem with Fax showing up on all programs not printer MF733Cdw

I have checked all the printer drivers, default, troubleshoot, etc. I wish I could remove fax but doesn't allow. How can I disable fax totally.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, RealtorK!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

RealtorK
Apprentice

Windows 11 

also, when W11 updated, the printer is requiring a file name, pausing the printer until I delete waiting status. 

Does anyone have a solution?? 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

FAX functionality is built into the printer, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to.  

shadowsports_2-1708612941149.png

If you have installed the stand-alone Windows Generic Fax driver, check Control Panel > Programs and Features and remove/uninstall it if present.  You can then remove the "FAX Instance" of the printer from devices using right-click (remove) and restart your PC.  Although Windows 11 now pushes you to use the settings interface for Printers, you can still get to the old Device and Printers applet by selecting Settings > Devices > More Devices and Printer Settings.  Here you will see the familiar applet from windows 10 days.  Worth noting, the Fax icon in the below image is windows, not Canon.  You will only remove a Fax instance if one for your Canon printer exists.  It will say something like "MF733C Series (Fax)" and would typically appear next to your printer in the applet.. 

shadowsports_1-1708612850706.png

When you install the MF Drivers (Top example) of my first image, you can select one or all of the drivers for the system.  UFRII (print driver), FAX (Fax driver) and ScanGear.  I uncheck the Fax driver installer since you can force the printer to Fax if you connect a phone line to it on the fly.

Please note this is just an example.  It sort of looks like this.  The selection screen for the newer printer installers has check boxes instead of radio buttons (install).  I select the 1st and 3rd options leaving Fax unchecked.  Sorry I don't have a updated photo for you.

shadowsports_0-1708613803989.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements