Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF656Cdw How to scan to specific OneDrive account

ans2024
Apprentice

Hello!

Model: Color imageClass MF656Cdw

Connection: Network

Is it possible to configure Cloud Apps on the copier to go to a specific OneDrive account? It appears to default to the admin account used to connect it to M365.

I was able to successfully connect the Cloud Apps to Microsoft 365. It requires a global administrator on the Microsoft 365 side to do this. However, when I send the scan through to OneDrive, it delivers the scan to the OneDrive of the global admin account used to connect the M365 enterprise application. The copier does not give any options to select a specific account.

Here is the setting location - Web UI under Application Library > "Cloud Apps"

Canon1.JPG

Here is what the enterprise application the copier creates in M365 Entra looks like.

Canon1.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, let us know what model printer and version of Windows you are using? How are you connecting? Is there an exact error message? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Model and connection type are at the top of the post. Windows is not involved this is communication directly between the copier and Microsoft 365. There are no errors, the functionality is working, just not as expected.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

ans2024,

I found a helpful KB article, but the link to the Applications Library manual didn't work for me.  I would think you would be able to specify a user account instead of Global Admin.

Application Library Instruction Manual (canon.com)

I'll reach out to the mods and ask if the web team can investigate.

Manual URL:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-2122-zz-OP-enGB/

[We fixed the link!]

And the result:

shadowsports_0-1724857752918.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey, Rick!
I think this is the one you're looking for (it's from the USA Support site at https://usa.canon.com/support)

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300043960/02/MF656Cdw_UsersGuide_usEN_1.pdf 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Danny and Stephen!!!  You guys are awesome. 👍

@ans2024,

Also note you can scan to a local folder that is sync'ed to OneDrive.  I haven't tried scanning directly to the cloud myself.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Stephen

we try!

Announcements