cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw updated firmware -Now printer stopped working and screen is on but no display

kdpdentalp
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently updated the firmware last night - it was downloading and when I came back the screen is on but nothing is display. I can not see it online on my computer either. It was working fine before the update and now I can not do anything with this printer. 

MF644Cdw updated firmware and now my printer stopped working and screen is on but no display or touch. I can see the lcd backlight is on but no connection to pc and I cant press anything. Is there a way to hard reset this?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does pressing the Home (House) button or Sleep (Moon) button do anything?

If not, try powering the device off using the power button.  Then disconnect from power.  Press and hold the power button for 20 sec. 

Now reconnect to power and power on the printer.  What's the result? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The buttons doesnt do anything. Ill try holding the power button for 20 sec and report back. Thanks for the help!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I've got a 644 and 656.  The printer has a 3 yr warranty.  If removing power, and holding the power button doesn't help, the next step is registering your device and contacting support.  

You'll do this at MyCanon.  

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin

Once done, you can contact support for next steps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements