cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw Won't Print #10 Envelopes from Stamps.com

younglawca
Apprentice

I purchased the Canon printer referred to on 12/6 to use at my office. We use Stamps.com to print postage. The Canon will not print a #10 envelope correctly. The return address is cut off. The envelope is feeding correctly. We are using Windows 10 PCs, and other workstations use HP laser printers with no issues. My secretary spent at least 3 hours on the phone on 12/22 troubleshooting this issue with Canon and then Stamps.com, time that I have to pay for despite the utter lack of productivity. I overheard part of the convo with the Canon rep who seemed to not even know what Stamps.com is because he kept asking whether we had a postage machine like a Bose. That guy's suggestion was to print from Word, which defeats the purpose of having software like Stamps.com and further reinforcing in my mind a lack of understanding. Stamps.com rep tried different fixes, but the problem was still not resolved when I left at 5:15 pm PT. I do not believe this is a Stamps.com software issue. So, I am facing the very real prospect of either trying to return an otherwise perfectly good printer and see if the online merchant will accept it, or I just shelled out 600 bucks for a machine that is basically worthless. I sure hope there is someone on this Forum who knows how to fix this problem. But, I am skeptical because I saw at least one other post about a different Canon printer with the same issue. Incidentally, I am also an avid digital photographer and buy Canon cameras and related equipment. I have to say that I have always been an HP guy when it comes to printers. Buying this Canon required a leap of faith, and despite saving a few bucks, I am already regretting my purchase. What gives, Canon?If there is no fix for this, I suggest you stick to cameras. 

4 REPLIES 4

younglawca
Apprentice

I am even more irritated now because your bots removed the link to the postage vendor which not only renders my post here useless to me, but it also renders it useless to anyone else having the same problem. I am sure I speak for a lot of other customers when I say we are all getting universally sick of these forums, automated messages, robot helpers, and the overall lack of customer service companies provide; meanwhile, raking in millions (if not billions in some instances) of profit. In any event, I will try again. My post is about an issue with stamps.com. That is stamps dot com

Hi! We're not sure what happened there but we've manually restored the references to Stamps.com.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure what else I can offer.  On the MF642CDW, only one envelope at a time can be loaded into the multi-purpose feeder.  You can load more than one in the paper drawer, but it requires that you to remove the paper and set the paper guides. 

Stamps dot com has an excellent video tutorial for printing envelopes.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jessicawarne
Apprentice

I just bought this printer and was having the same issue with Stamps.com. I added a #9 envelope as an option in the drop down in Stamps.com and printed with the #9 settings. It's not perfect, but the return address showed up.  Good luck and thanks for posting!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements