cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw Have to manually select paper source every time

BrokenPaw
Apprentice

Hi, all.

Every time I send a print job to my Canon MF642Cdw, it beeps and I have to go to it and manually select which paper source to use.  I always want it to print from the drawer, not from the Multipurpose Tray.

Following a resource I searched for online, I went to Menu->Function Settings->Common->Paper Feed Settings->Paper Source Auto Selection->Printer, and I set the Multipurpose Tray to "Off", and Drawer 1 to "On" (they both had been "On", initially).

I confirmed that in Windows (11), in Printing Preferences for this printer, on the Paper/Quality tab, in the Tray Selection area, "Paper Source" is set to "Tray 1".  So I don't think it's Windows causing the issue.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this thing to just print from the Drawer 1 paper sources all the time?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello BrokenPaw,

The issue you are describing, would point to the incorrect driver being used on the computer or the paper size/type set on the printer not matching the settings on the printer. You can try registering the paper type and size using the steps in the link HERE. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What paper size and type are you selecting when you print from your computer?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements