Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF634Cdw 5-button limit for "Scan to Preset Destination"

A_Noid
Contributor

I must be missing somethng. 

imageCLASS MF634Cdw

I have registered 5 "Scan to Preset Destination" buttons I need 8 minimum.

I can not find and mention of a limit in the documentation. 

Is this really limited to just 5?

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

Andi_162
Apprentice

I just ran into the same problem on my x1238i. Surely it can't be that there's a limit of 5 keys?! There would be enough space on the home screen and there is enough memory to.

Canon advertises that you can customize the printer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiAf5jlDJso

duffy6
Apprentice

I haven't looked into this since then. Perhaps Canon changed something with a new firmware - if there is a new firmware!
But back in the days when I ran into this problem I am 100% sure there was this limitation of 5 keys.

My X1238i hast the latest Firmware and i still have the five button limit...

Andi_162
Apprentice

More than 1,5 Years ago…

Still have the 5 Buttons limitation…

stragoski
Contributor

I just bought a MF752Cdw and I'm facing the same issue with the latest firmware installed.
I mean... it's been more than 4 years since this thread was opened and nothing changed?! That seems crazy.

The worst thing is that we can't tweak the settings just before validating.
This could allow us to select the user, and change on the go if we want to scan in black and white or colors, and the two sides or only one side of a document.
HP multifunction printers have this option, as well as the ability to select the sender for outgoing emails by setting up multiple email servers and not only a single one, even if we can enter some other email address in the "Reply to" field.
These settings are really missing on this printer, and I think that's a real shame.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements