cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF465dw - How to Find my printer's email address

funkjenny
Apprentice

Hello!

My old HP printer had the ability for me to email the printer's email address and the printer would print the document.  I cannot find this Canon printer's email address anywhere.  Does anyone know if Canon printers have their own email address and where to find it?  Model MF465dw

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The service you are referring to is called HP ePrint.  This was a cloud based service that was offered on printers sold prior to Fall of 2020.  Its no longer available.  I had an HP for a while myself.  They now use the HP Smart print app for remote printing.

Canon doesn't have a cloud based service like this.  Instead your printer has a feature called iFAX which uses email in a similar fashion 😃.  This feature allows you to send an email with an attachment to the printer and when its received, it prints for you.  You don't have to be present.

iFAX info:

Using Internet Fax (I-Fax) - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Receiving iFAX

Using Internet Fax (I-Fax) - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

Configure iFAX:

Configuring Detailed Information of the E-mail Server (Remote UI) - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF4...

Like an email client on your PC, or configuring mail on your mobile device, you have to set up a mail account on your printer in order to send or receive mail.  This can be documents that you Scan and send to an email destination, or Internet Fax (iFAX) messages received by the printer.  This requires that the printer have connection to the internet.  This can be wired ethernet or wireless. 

What you will need: (I'm providing examples for Gmail)

sending / receiving mail server: smtp.gmail.com, or imap.gmail.com

Username, typically an email address

password: password for mailbox (an app password might be required, gmail, M365, etc)

port, 25, 110, 465 or 587 

encryption type, SS or TLS

The settings vary depending on the mail provider.  I use Gmail, but the printer supports most mail providers.  M365, Gmail, Comcast, Yahoo, Spectrum and others.  You'll set this up in the printer's remote UI.  Hope this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements