cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF260 Series, prints too light from day one

Arthur_H
Apprentice

My imageCLASS MF260 Series laser printer has printed way too light right out of the box. I have tried every setting imaginable. I don't care about saving toner. I want dark prints.

If the original is gray, or light, the printed page will hardly be visible.

Is it possible that the toner cartridge was faulty right from the start?

Any other iseas, suggestions?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Arthur_H,

Light prints can be caused by print settings, the type of paper used or a problem with the toner. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What type of paper are you printing on?
  3. Would you be able to attach a sample image of the printing issue?

Thanks. I will give them a call.

The7Stans
Apprentice

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, 20lb copy paper, yes

Hello,

To see what might be causing your print issues, you can attach an image to the post and we can check what might be going on with the toner/hardware. If it is a copy from the feeder/platen glass, you can post the original and what came out of the printer. If it is a document, you can post the image of the document that printed. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Also please confirm your specific printer model when posting the images of the print quality issue.

Announcements