cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF244dw Won't Print

LEINANI1
Apprentice

I just installed a new imageCLASS MF244DW on my iMac OS XEL capitan computer.  I tried to print something, but it won't print unless I turn the printer off and then on again.    

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, LEINANI1!

Are you using the USB or wireless connection?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

No, I’m using a usb cable to connect to the computer.  Its not a time sensitive thing-thanks for your help.

James_C

Hi LEINANI1,

Please delete and add the printer to the queue.

Please open [System Preferences] > [Printers & Scanners].  Next, click the [-] sign under the printer list to delete the printer.  Once the printer has been removed, please follow the instructions below to add the printer back to the window:

1. Click the [+] icon.
If another dialog box does not appear, click [Add Other Printer or Scanner] or [Add Printer or Scanner] after clicking the [+] icon.

2. Register the printer and fax.

2-B. TCP/IP Connection.

2-B-1. Click [IP], and select a print protocol from [Protocol].

If you want to use the machine in an IPv6 environment, select LPD or Socket for [Protocol].

2-B-2. Enter the IP address of the machine to [Address], and select either one of the following options from [Print Using] or [Use]: [Select Printer Software], or [Select Software].

2-B-3. Select a driver that is capable for this machine from the driver list, and click [OK].

2-B-4. Click [Add].

3. Check that this machine is added to the [Print & Fax], [Print & Scan], or [Printers & Scanners] dialog box.

4. Close the dialog box.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements