cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF229dw MF Toolbox - Scan Function Customs Reset Themselves?

sohnsat
Apprentice

Hello,

So I have been using the multi-purpose referenced in the subject line to scan and submit documents for my online master's courses. There are two "Custom" settings in the MF Toolbox that I had set to scan 2-sided documents. This week I received half-marks on all my assignments and was very confused. Come to find out the two "Custom" settings I had set up and had been using all semester randomly seem to have all set to 1-sided scanning. Half my assignment and exam didn't get scanned and submitted.

I am completely at a loss as to how this happened; and it has had an extremely detrimental impact to my course grade.

Can anyone tell me how this could happen? Nothing happens by "magic". I need to prove to the school it was possible for this to happen so they can allow the missing pages to be graded. Help please!

My computer specs and setup are below:

Computer OS: Windows 10 home

Processor i7 6700k

16GB RAM

Printer is routed through an Asus rt-ac68u and networked to my computer through the cd included with the printer (I think?, been a few months). At any rate the printer scans to the computer no problem. It just had the settings reset somehow.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help with this.

Steven

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Stephen!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi sohnsat.

I will be able to provide more information regarding your inquiry.

The only way that the machine settings can be reset is if you initialize the settings from the System Management settings in the menu, or you call and speak with our telephone technical support group.  

If you are unable to set the 2-sided scanning option back up, then please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements