cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6230dw Smears when printing Cardstock

Wemedic13
Apprentice

I purchased this printer and am very frustrated.  Finally, I was able to get it to print and it smears on all cardstock types I have tried.  On regular printer paper it does not.   I have changed the settings to HEAVY and still no change.  The sole purpose of purchasing this printer was to print on cardstock. I have searched everywhere for ideas to solve the problem before I trash the printer.  Please help, any suggestions appreciated.    

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Wemedic13!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  Canon Inc. has produced multiple printers with the number "6240" in their model number including both inkjet and laser printers.  There should be 2 or 3 letters before the "6240" that would clear this up.

That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

LBP6230DW  

Hello Wemedic13,

The LBP6230dw was not not designed for use with cardstock but, you can try adjusting settings to see it works. The printer works with plain paper that is 16 to 23.9 lbs and heavy bond paper between 24.0lbs to 60.3 lbs. To see what settings that can be adjusted, please let us know the weight of the cardstock and what company makes it. Also, if you have any specific information like the name of the paper and if the box shows any designations for inkjet or laser printing.

Once we have that information, we can see what settings might need to be adjusted. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with adjusting any settings to improve the print quality.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements