cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iR ADV C5535 II SMS service fails

rfp0816
Apprentice

I have several iR ADV C5535 and 4525's that are failing ShareScan jobs. No error, but a run of a large number of consecutive jobs may stop sending to destination after 1/2 way or 2/3 of the way. No error messages, and the Operator will not know of the failure after seeing that there a number of jobs that have not been saved to their destination folder.

In every case, the Service Management Service link under Management Tools in the Remote UI portal will fail to open, displaying "Page cannot be found". Restarting the device reinitializes this service and also resets the device to provide further scans.

I have an open case with Canon, but they appear to be stumped. This is a critical service to us and the prior units handled this with no trouble at all.

Has anyone else see this behavior with these units?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, rfp0816!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Thanks for the post, Danny. I am actually hoping that someone here has experienced this issue and can offer up any assistance.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements