cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPF8000s prints leading whitespace

RasheedCH
Apprentice

Our Canon iPF8000s has started printing a leading half-inch edge of whitespace before printing jobs. This makes an excess that needs to be trimmed off, and over the course of a roll wastes a significant amount of paper. I could not find a setting to fix this, please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RasheedCH,

It sounds like your imagePROGRAF iPF8000S is set to automatically cut the leading edge of the roll paper.  If the leading edge of the paper is cut crooked or is not cut straight when roll paper is loaded, it will not print correctly.  If this happens, you can cut the leading edge of the paper straight when loading a paper roll by using Trim Edge First in the Control Panel menu.

Turning the Trim Edge First setting off should resolve your issue.  Follow these steps to change the Trim Edge First setting:

1.  Press the MENU button to display the Main Menu of your imagePROGRAF iPF8000S.

2.  Use the up or down arrow to select Paper Details and press the right arrow.

3.  Use the up or down arrow to select the type of paper being used and press the right arrow.

4.  Use the up or down arrow to select Trim Edge First and press the right arrow.

5.  Use the up or down arrow to select OFF and press the OK button.

This setting takes effect the next time you load a roll.

Once set, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the quick reply. The paper is not crooked, and it's not cutting strips before sheets, it's adding on a half inch length to the start of the page print, no matter the paper settings. For example, if I load up 24-inch roll, printing 18" x 24" rotated will result in a print that is 18.5 x 24. Likewise, a 24 x 36 print will be 36.5 inches long.

I did go through the steps you described but it still does the same thing. I did find one setting that said adjust length but was in percent instead of linear units.

Hi RasheedCH,

It is recommended that you contact Canon's Contact Center to speak with a Technical Support Representative for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of this isse and resolve it for you via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements