cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iB4020 Ink Re-use?

palealien
Apprentice

I have heard and read that once removed from a printer, the iB4020 series in particular, partially empty tanks may not be installed again. I recently replaced my 4020 with another one, but two of the OEM XL tanks were recently installed.  I would hope that I can get them to work instead of just wasting them. Does the no-reuse function still exisit, and if does, it there any sort of workaround?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

We can't guarantee detection of third party, reused or refilled ink tanks.  Please install new, genuine Canon brand ink tanks to ensure proper functionality.

If you continue to have issues with the ink, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the prompt reply. These are recently installed OEM Canon (all I buy) tanks. I would hate to waste nearly 3 full ones if it can be done safely.

Announcements