cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when scanning from pc

I have a Canon MF237W printer/scanner/fax, machine on a network. It works perfect when i print or fax. When i scan a document from the printer side it works fine. But when i try to scan a document from the pc using IJ Scan Utility the pc gives me the following error:  5, 156, 61. I know it has to do with the following. I need to go in the settings of the printer and select Remote Scanner and then the pc i want to scan from and then i select document in IJ scan. But the problem is i cant find remote scanner in the printer settings. I know this because i had a MF4780w and it worked this way. Please help me to resolve this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, points!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and what kind of connection links your computer to your printer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Im using windows 10. The printer is conected to a switch with 3 laptops also connected to the switch.

Announcements