10-08-2020 01:22 PM
when I make a copy I get either a smudge or a actual smudged number on the right side of the copy. I use the machine for business, and its becoming a big problem. I cleaned the glass and the white plastic above the glass and that didnt help.
10-15-2020 02:51 PM
Welcome to The Canon Forums!
Please try the suggestions below to help with the smudging.
Cleaning the Fixing Unit
1. Press Menu.
2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance> using up or down arrow and press [OK].
3. Select <Clean Fixing Unit> using up or down arrow and press [OK].
Clean the feeder's scanning area and rollers.
1. Turn OFF the power switch and disconnect the power cord.
2. Open the feeder cover.
3. Clean the rollers (A) inside the feeder with a well wrung out cloth dampened with water and wipe them with a soft, dry cloth.
Do not clean the machine components with tissue paper, paper towels, or similar materials. These materials tend to stick to the components or generate static charges.
Clean the roller using blank paper.
1. Press Menu.
2. Select Adjustment/Maintenance using up or down arrow and press [OK].
3. Select Clean Feeder using up or down arrow and press [OK].
4. Check if the supported paper is set in the paper drawer, and press [OK].
5. Check the procedure shown in the display, and press [OK]. The cleaning paper will be printed.
Try reseating the toner cartridges. Try printing a report from the printer. If smugges still appear, replace toner cartridges.
Replace the paper stack with new unopened one.
Try reseating the toner cartridges. Printer a report from the printer not computer. If smuggles still appear, replace toner cartridges.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
10-28-2020 04:55 PM
thank you Audrey for the various options to correct the smudges and numbers that appear on my copies.
I tried each one and the smudges lightened up a little but as I made more copies it darkened and the
numbers got darker. This is a problem.