cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mf8580 was working with my iMac and not all print jobs say.....print job was not accepted

mg
Apprentice

can u help

4 REPLIES 4

mg
Apprentice

to clarify. the printer has stopped working and the error message is...print job was not accepted. This is for an imac. any ideas??

Hello MG!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what version of the Mac OS you are using.  That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

i am using mac os X 10.9.4

Hi mg!

I recommend deleting and adding the printer back to the print queue, by following the instructions below:

1. Open [System Preferences] -> click [Printers & Scanners].

2.  Select the MF8500 Series, and then click the [-] sign under the printer.

3.  Restart the computer, and then return to the [System Preferences] > [Printers & Scanners] window.

4.  Click the [+] to add the printer.  Select [Select Printer Software] under [Use], and then select the [Canon MF8500 Series].

5.  Print a document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements