cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mb2720 ink always running out when I dont print a lot.

quartermilecame
Apprentice

I have had this printer for just under a year.  I dont use it often but when I do it seems it always is running out of ink.  My old mp500 canon inkjet was much better!  All I do is print out schematics of old radios ocassionally yet the ink monitor is always telling me a cartridge is out. And of course it is, this time the cyan is out.  Do these printers just waste ink by priming it?  Do they have to be used often?  Beginning to think this printer was a big mistake purchasing. 

3 REPLIES 3

quartermilecame
Apprentice

80 bucks for new ink just plain bites.

Based on the type of printing you do, I would consider a Laser printer over an inkjet.  BW or color, you'll ultimately get more bang for your buck.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi quatermilecame,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you

click here to view the gallery
Announcements