cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP PC cannot see my MX452 -- how do I "add" it?

eaglelynn
Apprentice

I have installed my MX452 on my network (what a horrible experience as I had to install via another computer, with USB etc. But that is a whole other subject).  So one of my computers, the one that did the initial set up of the wifi, can see the MX452 and print to it.  My iPad can see and print.  Now .. my Windows XP PC cannot see the printer.  How do I "add" it?  When I browse for printers, it is not seen.  When I key in the simple IP address in form 182.168.200.47, it is not seen.  I have made it "trusted" in my anti-virus.

I must say, this is the third canon wifi printer I have installed and it is the most difficult.  Had no problems with the other two.

Oh .. and just so I know in the future, how in the world do you enter numeric on the printer keyboard?  I thought I tried everything.  Alpha was easy but numeric ... no go.  (I was trying to enter my WEP key)

So please .. how best to set up this wifi network printer on an XP PC.

Thanks

Lynn

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi eaglelynn,

Since the printer is already connected to your network, you will only need to install the drivers and port on your XP computer.  Run the installation CD-ROM on your XP computer and follow the prompts during the setup.  This will install the drivers and configure the connection to your wireless printer.  

For this setup, you will not need to connect the USB cable again.  The USB cable was only used to transfer the network settings from your computer to the printer.

If you have any further issues with the setup, give us a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements