cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows printer stops work due to printer setup!

zCanon
Contributor

Dear Sir/Madam:

I bought this printer "Canon ImageCLASS 4350d" in 2017 when I still used wXP. Later I changed to Windows10,

You told me how to download a new software from your Forum and reinstall the Printer in w10.

Two years has passed since I reinstalled the printer and alway works well.

Yesterday I did print again. It refused to work and said: "Windows cannot print due to a problem with current printer setup"

I can not find the problem!  No way to get out, I come here to ask you again. Help me please !

---   Zhao

PS: Another place, it said:"The Active Directory Domine is currently unavailable." 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again zCanon.

If the links above did not work for you, the full text of the MF4350d Drivers and Downloads page is:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi zCanon.

If the computer is saying that there is a problem with the printer's setup, the first thing to check is the printer itself.  Are any errors displayed on the printer?  If not, double-check that the paper is loaded and registered correctly.  Next, confirm that the USB cord is connected correctly to the back of the printer, and to a working USB port on the computer.  If it seems to be connected and yet is not responding, try a different USB port on the computer, or replacing the USB cord.

If the above is correct, remove the printer from the Windows Settings >> Devices >> Printers & Scanners list, then remove the MF4350d's drivers from the Windows Settings >> Apps --or-- Windows Settings >> System >> Apps & Features list (the path varies by Windows 10 versions).  Next, power off the computer completely, then power it back on. This allows the operating system to clear out any legacy settings that may cause the problem to persist on reinstallation.  Once the computer is back online, download and run the latest driver installation from the MF4350d Drivers & Downloads page, followed by the patch for scanning.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Darius:

I have tried  a lot, but the problem remains the same.

Can I reinstall the software, please tell me the address for downloading.

I am sorry to give so much trouble! 

Thanks!                               ---   Zhao

Hello again zCanon.

If the links above did not work for you, the full text of the MF4350d Drivers and Downloads page is:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

Hi Darius:

I am happy, the problem has been solved.     --- Zhao

Announcements