cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Canon MF216n is NOT currently Windows 10 compatible.

dengarhunted
Apprentice

I recently purchased an MF216n printer, with the assurances that it was WIndows 10 compatible.  After getting it home and installing it on my desktop, I ran into a strange issue.  The printer would not print except when I sent a print job from Notepad.  Nothing else would print. 

After several days of wasted time and troubleshooting on my 2 Windows 10 computers, and with no help from Canon support, I finally dug my my barely functioning Windows 7 laptop out of storage and hooked it up to the MF216n, and VOILA, it worked without a hitch. 

Now, before you ask "did you install the Windows 10 driver package", I will say that I did indeed install the latest WIn10 drivers from Canon's website, and was able to print, but ONLY from Notepad.  Printing from a web page, PDF, even a Windows Test Print would just result in the "Processing/Data" light flashing, and nothing printing. 

A note to Canon: My last two printers were both Canon printers, and I purchased this printer because I'd had good luck with your products before AND because it states on your website that the printer is Windows 10 compatible.  It's not, at least not until you release drivers that are fully functional on the new OS.  You've lost a customer, this printer will be going back to the store, and I'll be buying another brand. 

3 REPLIES 3

Janellej
Apprentice

So it is true?  My printer works but scanner quit working.

James_C

Hi Dengarhunted,

The imageCLASS MF216n is very much compatible with Windows 10.  With this said, in order for us to better assist you, we will need some additional information.  Do you mind answering a few questions so we can get a better picture of your situation?

1.  How is the imageCLASS MF216n currently being connected to your system?  Is it connected via USB or via an eithernet cable?

2.  If you power cycle the router does the issue continue?  "Unplug the power cord to your router and wait a few minutes and plug it back in".  Are you able to print at this point?

3.  Are you receiving a specfic error when you attempt to print?

4.  Is the unit's power cord being plugged into a power strip or is the cable plugged directly into the wall outlet?   For trouble shooting purposes try plugging the power cord directly into the wall then test the unit.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI                    

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a MF216n, running on windows 10, try printing keeps giving me an error printing message. have reinstalled the drivers 3 times and am at wits end. 

Announcements