cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2050 Cannot set destination folder for scanner

isnard
Apprentice

Hi,

I have just got a brand new MAXIFY2050 and the installation went well, except for the scan. When I scan a document it is sent to nowhere... I am running on Windows 7 with direct USB connection. My PC is on my home office network.

After checking the manual I opened the Quick Toolbox app and tried to add a 'Destination Directory', but whatever I put in the fields (I tried many combinations, with very basic destination name and the standard 'Scanned documents' directory: when I press OK it keeps telling me that it cannot connect to the directory. I am a bit upset as the online help was not very helpful.

The values I put into the fields are:

\\CECILE-TOSH\Users\cecile\Documents\Scanned Documents

WORKGROUP/cecile

<my windows passwd>

Thanks for your help ! This printer is for my business so it is a bit urgent 🙂

Cecile

8 REPLIES 8

Jesster78
Apprentice

Nearly 12 months and over 600 views later and no one has a solution for this? I just tried to set this up on my new MB2300, and Canon Quick Toolbox is still beyond my comprehension to set up.  And Canon's instructions are still useless.  Contact your network administrator? Seriously? Oh yeah have one of those of course...

Perhaps one of Canon's tech people should help us out.

Hi, Jesster78!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Hi Danny. I know this is an old post but I'm hoping you can help. I have an MB2320 and I use it here in the united States. I use a Mac (OS 10.11.4 El Capitan). I can successfully open the Canon Quick Utility Box. In that screen, the printer shows up as a connected printer. I can successfully select Destination Folder Settings. Once the Folder Setting Utility window pos up I can successfully select Add. Once the Add Destination Folder pops up, I can type a Displayed Name, but when I select Browse to add a Shared Folder Name in Destination, all of my folders are greyed out including ones that I've set up to share. Please help! Thank you very much.

Hello.

The settings for scanning are controlled by the IJ Scan Utility program.

Open the IJ Scan Utility from your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac).

Once there, click Settings to adjust the desired save locations.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SOLVED !!!!  

I had the same problem, on my iMac, I could not solve until today.  I have no idea why it worked.  Hope by mentioning what I did, someone may figure it out and give us a more comprehensive explanation.

The problem started about six months ago when my iMac OS was updated.  Just could not scan to my iMac destination folder anymore; nor was I able to re-setup the destination folder from within the iMac.  Tried the latest drivers/softwares; tried the complete driver removal and re-install...  to no avail; .....all folders were greyed out when trying to pick a folder destination.

Today, I decided to try setting up the iMac folder from a Windows  PC.

Voila!   I was able to set up the destination folder for my iMac from the PC !!!!!!!

Don't ask me why it worked!

I suspect the iMac 'Destination Folder' app was not allowed access to my iMac shared folders; that's why all folders were greyed out?

Any idea?

Avib
Apprentice

Own a Maxify MB2350 with is the Europe version and the same as MB2320 (US). When trying to add a destination folder (I'm using Mac) it opens the Mac Finder but all folders are greyed out (doesn't let me actually click and choose the target folder). I've updated to the newer v.2.0 "Canon Drivers and SW package" but the problem remains. Avi

I'm having the same issue. I have a MB2320 and am using a mac (OS 10.11.4 El Capitan). Please help!!! 

Jill17
Apprentice

It is telling me to replace a cartridge but the blue buttin will not eject said cartridge. Any ideas?

Announcements