cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck installing MB2320 software

rmk9785e
Apprentice

Just bought Canon Maxify MB2320 printer and downloaded installation software on Windows 8.1 laptop. When I doubleclick on the downloaded file (win-mb2320-1_0-ucd.exe) to install it, it pops up a message window saying "Acquiring information on the latest driver and software. Please wait.

I've waited for a long time but it doesn't chaneg or allow me to complete software installation. There is no problem with internet connectivity. How do I get beyond this to be able to manage the printer and connect to it wirelessly?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

There may be a firewall or anti-spyware utility that is keeping the setup from proceeding further.  Please temporarily disable these programs and then run the setup software to see if it will move further in the process.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why is there not a 'CANCEL' button in that dialog?

trimsg
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem with a Pixma MG3650 printer.

Tried using the CD the came with the printer, and also downloading the file straight from Canon.

This is a reinstall due to a hard disk failure, and everything worked correctly during the first install.

Any suggestions?

Announcements