cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow print spool MF644Cdw

dcplastic
Apprentice

I am printing word documents and orders from our online store with the MF644Cdw. It is taking 15 seconds from the time I hit print to the time it starts printing. Is that normal? My old printer was 5 seconds. It is hooked up with a cable. The speed is the same if I hook it up wirelessly. I'm printing on draft and black/white only. I have tried other color settings and the speed is the same. I have nothing in my print queue and these are single page documents. I am waiting on the printer constantly.

5 REPLIES 5

dcplastic
Apprentice

15 seconds before it starts making noise. My HP takes 3 seconds. It's hooked up by a cable as well. 

Hello Dcplastic,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program/browser are you printing from?
  3. Do you run into the same issue while trying to copy?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Word, Excel. Any program is the same slow speed. 

When I make a copy it starts immediately. 

Hello Dcplastic, 

If you are using windows 10 and the computer is taking a while to spool the jobs and send them to the printer, you can remove any connections for the printer and install the UFRII driver.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes up, you can right click on any connections for the printer and select remove device. Once they are gone, you can disconnect the USB connection for the printer. 
  3. You can download and install the MF644Cdw/MF642Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) driver from our site and leave the cable disconnected until the setup prompts you to connect the cable.

Once the installation is complete, you can try printing from the computer again to see if the issue has been resolved. If the issue persist, I would suggest contacting support over the phone and they would be happy to check deeper into to see what might be causing the processing delay.

I am already using the UFR II driver. 

Announcements