cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning issue using the feeder - MAC OSX with MF8280CW

zenu
Apprentice

I am unable to scan documents using the feeder on my Canon 8280, it keep erroring saying There are no originals in the feeder. Place the originals in the feeder and click OK. 

What’s strange is it only happens on my Mac OSX, my Windows workstation works just fine. 

Details of my environment:

Print Driver: 2.0

MF Toolbox: 2.11.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi zenu,

There is a firmware update that should help with the issue.   Let's perform the following steps to download and install the software:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download page.

2.  Select "Operating System" It should automatically be detected.

3.  Under the "Firmware" section you will need to download the file [Mac] MF8280Cw Firmware Update Tool (V04.08).  After reading the details and disclaimer, click I Agree to terms.  Download and save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi zenu,

There is a firmware update that should help with the issue.   Let's perform the following steps to download and install the software:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download page.

2.  Select "Operating System" It should automatically be detected.

3.  Under the "Firmware" section you will need to download the file [Mac] MF8280Cw Firmware Update Tool (V04.08).  After reading the details and disclaimer, click I Agree to terms.  Download and save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements