cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning from top tray results in corrupt PDF

neilish2000
Apprentice

Hello,

I have Canon MF642C/643C/644C printer. When I scan documents from top feeding tray. PDF file is corrupt and can not open. Smiley Sad If I scan same dociuments from scan bed, results in PDF that works okay. Does anyone know what is going on? How do I fix this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, neilish2000!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using along with which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

neilish2000
Apprentice

PXL_20210726_205525553_2.jpgPXL_20210726_205525553_2.jpgHello Danny,
Here you go. Hope this helps.

Model# MF644CDW

Regards

itguybry
Apprentice

Was this ever resolved? We have an issue with an imagepress lite c265 that will corrupt the pdf's if it has to split them after scanning (scan to email).  If it doesn't have to split the scan to email, it works perfectly.  

If it splits the scanned doc, the first email will have a pdf attached that is corrupted and the second email will have tons of gibberish in the Body of the email.  

This was working fine until about 3 weeks ago.  Have tried with different email service providers and they all get the same data in the emails.  

Happens to all 3 units we have.  

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imagePRESS series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements