cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 8.1 drivers MF4800 series

tom331
Apprentice

I bought the MF4800 two months ago.  I have installed the drivers that from the disk to use my new Dell desk top with window 8.1  and my DELL XPS with window 7.  I use the wireless option. 

I have no problem with printing the documents from both computers. However, I do have the communication issue with the scanner from both computers most of the time, more than 90%.   I have removed and reinstalled the drivers from the disk many times.  The scanner stopped scanning with error code 155.0.0 after one or two or three papgers being scanned.  I also try to use the cable, but both computers do not detect the printer when I put a printer cable between my computers and the printer( I have tried two different cables).  I had spent whole day to work on the scanner issue yesterday. The printer issueed the error code 155.0.0 most of time when I tried to scan the document.  From more than 40 attempts, I have successully scanned a 10 papger documents twice. However, the following scan would failed after my lucky try.

I will appreciate it if anyone could provide me an idea how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

RCJ
Enthusiast

I can't offer any specific help unfortunately because my setup is different. But I can empathize with the scanner software communication issues in general. I wound up running my 4800 through my wired network, and since then it has worked well for scanning and all other uses. The unit is connected by Cat 5 cable to a hub/switch that's hard-wired to my router. I can access it from all the devices in my house, whether wired or wifi. You might try this if you have a wired home network. It's much faster to move data (such as big scans) that way anyway.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi tom331.

Since the issue is happening from two computers when the machine is connected over the network, may I have you install the printer with a USB connection on one of the computers?  Please leave the USB cable disconnected until after the drivers have been installed and the computer has been restarted.

Once the computer restarts and the printer has been reconnected.  Allow a few more moments for the install to complete.  After you receive the message that your device is installed and ready to use, please follow the instructions below to perform a scan.  Please verify if you experience the same error.

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".
3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].
4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

If the scan is successful, please move the unit closer to the wireless router and perform your scan again using the wireless version of the scanner. 

If the error persists, please contact our telephone technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements