cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Broken connection when computer sleeps/wakes up, I have to turn MX870 off and on to reconnect.

swbouton
Apprentice

We also have this same issue with my Canon ImageCLASS MF216n that we bought about 3 weeks ago.  The printer is connected by static IP to the network.  It is not located in a place where everyone can go and press the Eco mode button which is WHY we wanted a network-ready printer..  

I have been in contact with your support people.   They answered my first message but have ignored me ever since which I find to be totally unprofessional.  

I need to learn how to:

(1) disable it from going into "sleep" mode, or

(2) have a way to wake it, programmatically..

At this time the only way to wake it is to power down, then power back up.  Isn't that ridiculous?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, swbouton!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am having the same problem with a Canon ImageClass 216n.  Everytihng is up to date.  It happens repeatedly and I have entered n issue on this forum.about 2 weeks ago.  This thng doesn't go to "sleep". It dives into a COMA!

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues with the MX870 and imageCLASS products. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements