cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LBP6230dw on Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1

cohland
Contributor

The LBP6230dw Image Class printer goes offline for no apparent reason.  The only solution I have found is to power cycle the printer, after which it remains connected for a few minutes before it goes offline again.  Seems to behave the same regardless of sharing options used.  I have also power cycled and rebooted the Mac with no effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved the problem by pushing the factory reset button the printer, located between the USB and RJ45 ports on the back of the printer.  I pushed the button with the end of a paperclip, as suggested by another user in an earlier post, and it worked immediately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cohland,

If you are using the printer over the network and you lose your connection after power cycling the printer, you can try manually setting the printer's ip address using the steps in the link HERE. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try moving the printer so it has a better wireless connection to your router. If you continue to lose connection, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Hector,

Thank you.  I have followed your instructions carefully, but no change in printer behavior is seen.  In the IPV4 section on the printer, I have turned off Auto Obtain, Select Protocol, and Auto IP.  The IP address has been set correctly to what was there previously, all other contents of the User Data List remain the same.  If you want to see the user data list please tell me how to send you the scanned document as a .pdf.

It is unable to be seen by the Mac, I must power cycle the printer to be able to print.  With two jobs in the queue, when I power cycle the printer it immediately wakes up and prints the queue, but then at some point soon it goes back to sleep.

The printer is located 12” below the shelf that holds my router, so I'm pretty sure it can communicate: it had been doing it for at least a year before the latest Mac software update, when it broke.  No, Apple isn't saying anything about this, at least not yet.

Best,

Chris

I solved the problem by pushing the factory reset button the printer, located between the USB and RJ45 ports on the back of the printer.  I pushed the button with the end of a paperclip, as suggested by another user in an earlier post, and it worked immediately.

Announcements