cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Canon Imageclass MF414DW (Scanner) and iOS Catalina 10.15.6 - PLEASE HELP!!!

DavidB1
Apprentice

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help!  I have an iMac computer, running iOS Catalina 10.15.6, and have a Canon Imageclass MF414DW that I use in my home office.  

I recently reconfigured my office space, and am now trying to reconnect my printer to my computer.  I have updated the drivers for both the printer and the scanner from Canon's website, but am now having problems scanning documents from my printer/scanner to my computer.  When I place documents in the feeder, and attempt to operate the scanner from the screen on the printer, it states "Connect to Printer."  I have reset all the printer settings, and am able to print documents from my computer to the printer, but it does not want to cooperate when I try and scan documents from the printer/scanner to the computer.

Any guidance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you again.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Current drivers (414dw) for OS Catalina list support through 10.15.5, but its likely that support for 10.15.6 exists too.

How is this printer connected... ?

Do you receive an error message?

Do you have the Scanner Driver installed v2.15.2?  (Believe) this is the MF utility from the computer, but it won't hust to have it installed.

Be sure the connection type is properly selected.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi DavidB1.

When a new version of Mac OS rolls out, an updated driver can take a couple weeks to catch up, depending on how new .  You can try using the current Mac OS driver, though it may experience some problems of which we're not aware.  We appreciate your patience while we work to update the driver to be properly compatible with OS 10.15.6.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements