cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer only wants to fax

petro0819
Apprentice

I have an MB2720.  Turned it on this morning to print something and it immeadiately went into "Sending Fax" on the display.  Can't print to it, none of the buttons work, try and press and hold the power button and get "Cannot turn off".  Tried unplugging it, waiting and plugging back in and it goes right back to Sending Fax as soon as you turn it on.  It's not even hooked up to a phone line.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you can't delete the driver, go into printers and assign the FAX to a dummy port, in my case they used LPT1.  That solved the problem and I can print again.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

anna24
Contributor

My Cannon MB 5420 is saying sending fax.  I have not tried to fax on it.  I can not turn it off unless I unplug it.  I can not print, scan, etc with it.  Please HELP!!!

anna24
Contributor

Have you figured out what is wrong with it? Mine has been doing this for 3 weeks and I can't figure it out!

I was told it's an issue with Windows 10, not sure if you're using that also.  Have to delete the FAX driver, but I can't do that either as it's always in use, calling Canon support and following up

If you can't delete the driver, go into printers and assign the FAX to a dummy port, in my case they used LPT1.  That solved the problem and I can print again.

Thanks so much. I finally went in and uninstalled it and removed all things Cannon.  Then I did a reinstall. So far it is working again!!  I appreciate you taking time to reply.

Yes on Windows 10 that is good to know.  When my supervisor asks me why it keeps doing this I can give her this info. 🙂

The complete remove and uninstall with a shut down of laptop and then reinstalling is working now.  Will see how long that lasts.

Thanks

Msbasil
Apprentice

I am having the exact issue. PLEASE HELP

I had to go in and uninstall everything connected to the printer.  Then I had to do a reinstall. So far it has worked.  I have noticed since the reinstall my printer shuts off automatically if it sits for several minutes unused.

Good luck!

Anna

snowman
Apprentice
Maybe your "the ink is low"-is preventing a fax from printing causing the default to fax.-
https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/MX920%20series/EN/FAX/FAX_Trouble0300.html
Announcements