cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Jam

dycon
Apprentice

My 

My paper is jammed in my Canon imageCLASS MF4770n printer. I need to get to the rear of the printer to remove the jam. How do I remove the rear panel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Dycon,

You would not be able to open the rear to remove any jams. In this situation, you can use the steps found in the link HERE to remove the toner and open the panels to try and access the jam. If you are unable to remove the paper that way, it would mean the printer needs service and you can check your service options using the link HERE or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Dycon,

You would not be able to open the rear to remove any jams. In this situation, you can use the steps found in the link HERE to remove the toner and open the panels to try and access the jam. If you are unable to remove the paper that way, it would mean the printer needs service and you can check your service options using the link HERE or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666. 

This was an indirect solution, meaning I now realize that after trying all the suggest ways to remove the paper jam...that I was unable to do so. At least now I know what I must do. Thanks

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements