cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print PDF Directly to ImageRunner Advance 5035 Programmatically - PDL Img Invalid Data

villagemedia
Apprentice

I'm a developer and I'm trying to understand how I can print a PDF file directly to Canon ImageRunner advance 5035 using code without having to load up any PDF Reader software. I've tried using LPR commands but that results in an error message on the Printer's display panel as follows: "PDL Img Invalid Data"

Any ideas how we can do this? Do the Canon ImageRunner Advance models support PDF printing directly? Do you have to use a specific driver and do you set the printer driver settings to LPR or RAW?

Note that we are doing Booklet Mode with Folding + Saddle Stitch so whatever method we use needs to support that. Currently we have a printer object configured with these settings as our defaults. It does work but the Adobe Reader UI has to load each time to send the PDF to the printer and that ends up causing some glitches that we haven't been able to resolve. Plus, it makes the computer unusable, it takes extra time for Adobe Reader to load each file and render it, and then it's marginally outside of Adobe's Terms of Service for their Reader product (not being used on a server or headless machine). So we would really like to print directly but have been unable to find anything that works.

1 REPLY 1

Crista
Whiz

Hi villagemedia! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area.

We hope this helps! 

Announcements